Name: Gerbera Daisies
Colors: Burgundy pink ranges from hot pink to dark pink with hints of burgundy. Usually, burgundy pink gerberas have dark centers, but centers can also be light green to yellow.
Stem Length: 18-20 inches tall
Flowers: Gerberas are shipped fully open and can be used immediately after re-hydrating
Availability: Gerbera daisy flowers are usually available year-round. If a chosen color is unavailable at the time of shipping, FreshGardenRoses.com will match the color and/or variety as closely as possible. Farm growing conditions, weather conditions, market demand, and other factors may result in the unavailability of the flowers.
As soon as you receive your shipment of gerbera daisies, please open the box and check on your flowers. It is to be expected that the gerberas will be tired after their journey. Their petals will be softer and more droopy at first, and stems will be weak. This will correct in less than 6 hours after being in water. You will see them take their first drink and start to perk up and become crisper and more 'alive'. All gerbera daisies are shipped fully open.
- Fill vases with plenty of fresh water and add flower food/floral preservative (not included).
- Cut 1/2 inch off the ends of the stems on an angle and place immediately in water. The slanted cut will give the ends of the stems more surface area with which to absorb water.
- Use tall containers or vases that will support the stems of your gerberas until the neck of the flower. By using tall containers, you will be able to minimize the natural bend to gerbera daisy stems, helping them stand tall and straight. It is important to place the gerberas the tall container when they are taking their initial drink. They can be placed in different vases after they are rehydrated for 6 hrs.
- Keep your gerbera daisies in a cool, somewhat dark location and let them rest for 4-6 hours while they take their initial drink. After they have re-hydrated they will still need to be kept in a cool, dry location (between 35-70 degrees F), and away from direct sunlight.
Here are some tips for keeping your gerbera daisies fresh for as long as possible:
- The cooler they are kept, the fresher they will stay!
- Gerberas don't like extreme locations - don't freeze them in a cooler or refridgerator that is too cold, and don't let them burn up in a sunny location.
- Keep checking that the water level in the vases doesn't get low. Sometimes gerbera flowers surprise you with their thirst!
- Try to change the water in the vases and recut the ends of the stems every day. This will keep the water from becoming contaminated with bacteria that will block the flower's availability to absorb water and will also give the stem a fresh surface to take in water.
If you are ordering gerbera daisies for a wedding or event, we recommend that you select a delivery date that is 2 to 3 days before the event date. For example, for a wedding on a Saturday, your flowers should be delivered on the Tuesday or Wednesday beforehand. This is to give your flowers enough time to rehydrate and fully open.
- We ship FedEx or OnTrak for overnight delivery service.
- All deliveries should arrive by 3:00pm and most are delivered before 10:30am (this depends on the service available in your area). You can contact FedEx or OnTrak to narrow down the guranteed delivery time of day for your specific zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday.
- The day before your selected delivery date, you will receive an automatically generated tracking number which you can use to track your package online at www.FedEx.com. If your tracking number starts with a "D" your package has been shipped with OnTrac. You can track your package online at: www.ontrac.com or call them directly at 1-800-334-5000
- FedEx/OnTrak may a require signature for delivery. Please arrange to have somebody home to accept the delivery. If for any reason you miss your delivery, you can contact FedEx at 1.800-GO-FEDEX or OnTrak at 1-800-334-5000 (have your tracking number handy). You will be able to re-schedule delivery for a later time.
- Please review your shipping address carefully. If you provide the wrong shipping address, we are not responsible for any problems that may result. Any shipping redirects or changes will incur a $10 fee and changes may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once the shipping tracking number has been assigned.
- FreshGardenRoses is not responsible for packages that are received before or after the specified delivery date, are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event that there is a delay with your package, please contact FedEx or OnTrak directly.
- Yes, we can ship to Hawaii and Alaska! There will be an additional $45 per box surcharge (we'll call you after your order is placed to confirm). For shipments to Canada or Puerto Rico, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete shipping address and flower order. Within 24 hours, one of our customer service representatives will confirm your total order price and shipping.
Our Guarantee to you!
It is extremely unlikely that you will experience any problems with your flowers during delivery or after! FreshGardenRoses.com has shipped to over 20,000 brides, florists and event planners and made countless customers happy. We do understand that ordering fresh flowers online can be a little stressful, so we outlined our Flower Guarantee:
1. In the unlikely case that you do receive damaged flowers, you can choose to receive either another shipment or a full refund
2. If we are not able to ship the flowers you ordered are (due to irregular climate or other natural growing conditions), we will let you know as far in advance as possible. We will work to find a substitution of similar flowers or colors that are the closest match to the flowers you need or you can choose to cancel the order and receive and full refund. In order to compensate you for your trouble, we will send you additional bonus flowers or upgrade your flower selection at no extra cost.
Please view our complete guarantee terms and conditions.
Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions